The Philippines 2013 – Typhoon Haiyan Medical Aid
In November 2013, Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) devastated regions of the Philippines. Over 6,000 people died, making it the most deadly typhoon in Filipino history. EMS Pure Works WorldTeams was on site November 24 through December 9 to help get victims back on their feet, and your donation helped make it possible.
With your assistance, EMS Pure Works WorldTeams was able to:
– Provide medical aid to over 1,000 people in Ormoc City,
– Treat disaster-related injuries, diseases, and general needs,
– Team with organizations from across the globe, including the World Health Organization and Isra-Aid,
– Augment local efforts by working with local medical professionals,
– Provide basic medicine and supplies, and
– Provide damage assessments and construction planning for local and international organizations to begin the rebuilding process.
We are excited to return for follow-up visits to the Philippines as well as other nations in need of aid. If you are interested in partnering with us, including supporting our upcoming medical visit to Haiti, click here [link to donation-collection platform].
EMS Pure Works WorldTeams